Monday 20 June 2011

My top ten randomly irritating things

Yes, we all have these niggles!  Here are my top ten most annoying things.

In reverse order...

10.  Plastic, manufactured pop music.  I like classical, jazz and rock.  Absolutely no rap.
9.  People who mispronounce German words, especially 'fünf' (five).
8.  Twilight and all associated books.  Bleurgh.  Also when you can't read a decent fanfiction without looking further down the list for more, and there's one entitled 'what Bella/Edward/whoever would do...'  It's an obsession and I don't like it.
7.  Highschool Musical, Hannah Montana and other Disney Channel rubbish.  I like REAL Disney.
6.  Text language.  Especially from people who have full QWERTY keyboards on their phones.  I don't, and I still manage to text in correct English!  Similarly, American English, i.e. colo(u)r, neighbo(u)r etc. and improper spelling and grammar.  Pedantic much?!  I can perfectly understand it if the person has dyslexia or similar, though.  Continuing this (I could write about this all night!), when people text-speak a phrase just for the sake of it.  Things where there are just as many syllables, but they abbreviate it to letters.  I
5.  Street type rappers and people who think they're 'hard' and 'tough'.  They seem very stylised to me, like they're not them.
4.  People who say 'why can't everyone speak the same language'.  I used to be one of these.  Then I discovered German and it can be truly fascinating to learn a new language.  It's culture.
3.  People who say 'it's just a horse/cat/dog etc.'  I could say that they are 'just a person'.  Animals stop me from being 'just a person'.
2.  People who call you a geek just because you like watching/writing/reading sci fi.
1.  People who are rude/critical/plain cruel via forums etc, even if it's not aimed at me, just because they think you can't get them punished.

This has probably made me sound really bitter and hateful, but some things just have to be said.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on most of those. (Not number 9 because I've never learned German. XD) I couldn't agree more with 6 since it is one of my biggest pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on all but 10 and 9 as (A) I've never learned German so it doesn't bother me and (B) I do rather like some manufactured pop. :P
    But yeah, #6..*rages*

    ReplyDelete