Thursday 1 September 2011

Showing 101 - a recommendation

Showing 101 quickly became a blog in my following list when it was linked to on MHL.  'The Hobby Police' was brought to our attention and was a well written post which highlighted overbearing critics in the model horse hobby, who, instead of providing much-needed encouragement for newer hobbyists starting out in customising/tackmaking/etc, criticise them harshly under the guise of being 'constructive'. 
I decided to investigate a little further, looking at Showing 101's more recent posts.  Finding them mostly helpful, I added it to my following list, and I recommend you do the same.
Admittedly, not all the posts are completely helpful to me, but that's to be expected, since I don't show in the USA, and instead of collecting Breyers, Stones, resins or similar, I collect Julips.  But many of the posts contain useful information which is applicable to all collectors interested in live showing, such as this one
On the sidebar, there is a note saying that some posts are written by guest writers.  Well, credit must go to every single one of the authors, as every single one of the posts are well constructed and conveyed!
Showing101's tagline is 'Everything I wish I'd known before I started showing model horses', and may I say that although you may not have known them then, thank you for sharing them now!

showing101.blogspot.com
Well worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment