Sunday 14 August 2011

Thunderbird's reference sheet

I haven't posted something new in a while, so I thought I'd update my blog with this:



A Thunderbird reference sheet!  It's by far the most ambitious thing I've done with Photoshop Elements 7 so far (the nearest being this:  http://modelhorselove.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=art&action=display&thread=10477), and I'm overjoyed with how it came out!  I used this lineart (by the very talented WhiteK9 on deviantArt - which unfortunately I'm not a member of) because I was feeling a bit lazy (and I'm not too good at drawing horses yet!).  In my defence, I did do a couple of minor alterations, such as the mane, tail and forelock, but apart from that, thank you WhiteK9 for the incredible lineart!  Thanks! 
If you're wondering who Thunderbird is, he is one of my Julips, a latex model horse in the 1:12th scale.  I bought him from the spares table at Richmond Live Julip Show, and he recently went to the extremely talented dizzylizzy of MHL, along with my Julip Fjord, Yogi, as he had a few rubs to be fixed up.  I did a reference sheet for him back in July (on paper) late at night when I couldn't sleep.  I decided it needed to be computer-ised, so here it is!

Lineart by WhiteK9, coloured in ArtRage 2 and finished off (text etc.) in Photoshop Elements 7.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment